DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A teenager was injured after gunshots were fired along Interstate 85 on Friday afternoon, Durham police said.
The incident was reported just before 4:30 p.m. along I-85 north near the Club Boulevard exit, according to Durham police.
The incident happened while there was a disturbance along the side of the interstate, a Durham police officer said.
A bullet hit the windshield of a passing northbound car, which was not involved in the incident.
A 17-year-old boy, who was the front passenger of the car, was hit by flying glass. He was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, according to police.
No other information was released.
- Yelp: 60 percent of businesses that closed due to COVID-19 are closed permanently
- Woman hit by car in North Raleigh; road closed
- Michelob Ultra looking to pay ‘chief exploration officer’ $50K to visit national parks
- Fayetteville remaining prepared despite Sally’s heavy remnants skipping over the city
- Ohio football players who carried police, fire flags on-field awarded scholarships
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now