DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Durham police are investigating after mutliple shots were fired into a car with three people inside on Holloway Street Thursday night.
A woman and her two adult sons were sitting in the car just before midnight when the shooting occurred.
The woman told CBS 17 that she heard at least 10 gunshots and multiple bullets struck the family’s car.
“We were just down there on Holloway and they just started letting all shots and my mother was in the car, my brother was in the car, I was in the car. The car was still and they just shot our car up. It ain’t good,” said victim William Brunner.
No one in the vehicle was shot.
The family started to drive to the hospital just to make sure everyone was OK and no one had been hit, but they ended up stopping at the Family Fare gas station on Avondale Drive and Foushee Street and calling police.
Police said it’s not clear at this time if the vehicle or family was the intended target but the family said they don’t believe they were.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 22-year-old charged with girlfriend’s murder in West Knoxville shooting
- 1 dead in motorcycle crash along S. Saunders St. near I-40 in Raleigh, police say
- Vendors grateful for opportunity presented by NC State Fair food event
- Triangle law enforcement issuing very few citations as COVID-19 cases continue to increase
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now