DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Two people are displaced following an apartment fire that happened Saturday night at Brentwood Park Apartments.
The Durham Fire Department responded to the 300 block of Junction Road around 11:30 p.m. to find flames showing in an upstairs apartment window.
Approximately 37 firefighters responded to the fire and it was extinguished in about 10 minutes.
The fire was contained to the one apartment. No other apartments were damaged.
Authorities say the fire appears to have started in the kitchen area and there was smoke damage throughout the rest of the apartment.
Both occupants of the apartment are being assisted by the Red Cross. Neither were injured.
An occupant in a downstairs apartment was treated on scene by EMS and released.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 1-year-old shot in head in NC town, police say
- Duke law student recovers from coronavirus, wants others to learn from his experience
- Raleigh police: Bystander hit in crossfire; suspects later have shootout in vehicles, shooting a 3rd car
- NC man with baby fires shots at multiple people, police say
- Exclusive: Dr. Fauci explains what’s next for the U.S. in the coronavirus battle
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now