DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Durham police say one person is dead and another was seriously injured in a crash Thursday evening.
Police say two vehicles were involved in the crash.
A Honda Civic was travelling northbound on US 70 when it collided with a Cadillac which was also travelling northbound.
The driver of the Honda Civic was transported to the hospital with serious injuries.
The driver of the Cadillac was ejected and was transported to Duke Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
Police say U.S. Highway 70 was closed between Pleasant Drive and East End Ave for approximately 4 hours before reopening.
Police have not said whether weather was a factor in the crash or not.
The crash remains under investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Raleigh LGBT communities say Biden’s reversal of military transgender ban is a huge win
- Wake County man facing new indecent liberties with a child charges
- VIDEO: Man steals police SUV, leads cops on 20-mile chase before capture
- Myrtle Beach businesses skeptical of Biden’s plan to raise minimum wage to $15 an hour
- Marijuana, Xanax, guns, cash seized in Lee County drug bust