DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A vehicle hit a power pole in Durham, causing a major street in the city to close for about two hours.
Durham police say the vehicle hit a pole just after 1 p.m. near the intersection of Cecil and Fayetteville streets.
Fayetteville Street was blocked from Martha Street to Nelson Street until about 3 p.m.
Cecil Street is still blocked from Fayetteville Street to Lincoln Street.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area, if possible. Police expect it to take several hours for repairs to be completed.
- Coronavirus: How to protect yourself
- KFC employee in NC says she reported possible Evelyn sighting
- PHOTOS: Beehive, 8-feet long, discovered in Virginia apartment ceiling
- Bail Bondsman: William McCloud said over the phone Evelyn’s mother knows where she is
- 3 in custody after stolen vehicle crashes into North Raleigh home’s backyard, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now