DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Durham firefighters had to use the jaws of life to rescue a man after he crashed his SUV into a tree near a house Wednesday morning.
The crash, which occurred early on Wednesday in the 600-block of Bacon Street, involved only one vehicle and the man who had to be rescued was the only person in the SUV, officials said.
Firefighters had to rip the man’s vehicle apart in order to extract him from the inside.
Police said they’re not sure what caused the crash. The man was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
His name and current condition are not known at this time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Fast-food chains offering freebies on ‘National French Fry Day’
- ‘Danny was killed by humans’ – Corolla wild horse chokes to death on apple, group says
- Father of suspect accused of killing 3-year-old Kansas girl calls for capital punishment
- Judge blocks federal executions; administration appeals
- UNC-CH commission recommends re-naming 4 campus buildings
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now