DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN)– A woman who was walking near a bus stop in Durham died after she was by a trailer, police said in a release.
It happened Wednesday around 8:30 a.m. on Junction Road near Ross Road.
According to police, the woman was walking near the bus stop when she stepped into the roadway. That’s when she was hit with the right side of a metal trailer that was being towed by a Ford F-250.
The woman died at the scene. Her name is not being released at this time, police said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 5.1 magnitude earthquake reported in NC
- NC island where Isaias made landfall attracts sightseers; residents seek privacy
- Black Lives Matter billboard beside Confederate flag in Pittsboro may come down soon
- Many near UNC seen wearing masks, socially distancing amid crackdown effort
- NC teachers rally for 2nd coronavirus relief bill that they say would help education