DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A woman was hit and killed by two cars Wednesday evening in Durham, police said.
The pedestrian was struck near the intersection of South Miami Boulevard and Ambassador Drive. Police received the call around 7:11 p.m., they said.
The woman, who has been identified as Gaynor Songer, 73, of Durham , died at the scene, police said.
Police believe “at least” two cars were involved in the incident. One of the vehicles remained at the scene. There was no description immediately available for the other vehicle.
South Miami Boulevard’s northbound lanes and one southbound lane were closed at Ambassador Drive while police investigated.
Investigators are still trying to identify the hit-and-run driver and vehicle.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Alcohol a factor in Durham crash that killed motorcyclist, critically injured his wife, police say
- Trump to Senate: Vote ‘without delay’ on his high court pick
- Raleigh police investigating after man shot in east Raleigh Saturday morning
- SC teacher fired after ‘inexcusable’ Facebook post
- Police investigating Virginia in-home day care after 2 children found unresponsive, later died
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now