DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A woman was hit and killed by two cars Wednesday evening in Durham, police said.
The pedestrian was struck near the intersection of South Miami Boulevard and Ambassador Drive. Police received the call around 7:11 p.m., they said.
The woman, who has been identified as Gaynor Songer, 73, of Durham , died at the scene, police said.
Police believe “at least” two cars were involved in the incident. One of the vehicles remained at the scene. There was no description immediately available for the other vehicle.
South Miami Boulevard’s northbound lanes and one southbound lane were closed at Ambassador Drive while police investigated.
Investigators are still trying to identify the hit-and-run driver and vehicle.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake County Schools moves forward with re-opening plan
- Kansas GOP congressman charged with 3 felonies, including voter fraud
- Woman in Wendy’s is killed when drunk driver plows into restaurant, police say
- White House touts infrastructure agenda ahead of Trump’s trip to Georgia
- Ford unveils new Bronco, says website overwhelmed by ‘stampede of reservations’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now