DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police are investigating after they say a woman was shot in the leg Monday night.
Police say the shooting happened in the 500 block of Linwood Avenue.
The woman, who has not been identified, is being treated for injuries that police say do not appear to be life-threatening.
Police say the shooting does not appear to be random.
There is no word on what led up to the shooting or information on a suspect(s).
This story will be updated.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 22-year-old charged with girlfriend’s murder in West Knoxville shooting
- 1 dead in motorcycle crash along S. Saunders St. near I-40 in Raleigh, police say
- Vendors grateful for opportunity presented by NC State Fair food event
- Triangle law enforcement issuing very few citations as COVID-19 cases continue to increase
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now