DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Durham Police are investigating after a woman was found stabbed in the neck.
According to police, the incident happened around 2 a.m. in the 1300-block of Holloway Street.
Police say the victim was stabbed in the neck while walking down the street.
A man who did not want to be identified told CBS 17 he was walking his dog when he saw a man approach the woman and then heard her scream.
He said he saw the woman stumbling and holding her neck. He then realized she had been stabbed. He said he grabbed a towel from his house and applied pressure to her neck until emergency crews arrived.
The female victim was transported to the hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
Police do not have any suspect information at this time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Trudeau speechless for 21 seconds after Trump questions
- Guidance to follow during Raleigh curfew
- Judge: Zion Williamson must answer questions about improper benefits
- Effects of Phase 2 could show up in COVID-19 data in coming days
- George W. Bush issues statement on ‘brutal suffocation’ of George Floyd: ‘It is time for us to listen’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now