DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Durham Police are investigating after a woman was found stabbed in the neck.
According to police, the incident happened around 2 a.m. in the 1300-block of Holloway Street.
Police say the victim was stabbed in the neck while walking down the street.
A man who did not want to be identified told CBS 17 he was walking his dog when he saw a man approach the woman and then heard her scream.
He said he saw the woman stumbling and holding her neck. He then realized she had been stabbed. He said he grabbed a towel from his house and applied pressure to her neck until emergency crews arrived.
The female victim was transported to the hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
Police do not have any suspect information at this time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- North Myrtle Beach leaders discuss plans for 1,362-acre development on former golf course
- Robeson County deputies investigating after man found dead on road
- Shake Shack’s first Triangle location opening Wednesday in Cary
- Mass shooting survivor: Bank could have saved victims
- Jury to weigh ex-school head’s lawsuit against writer Sparks
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now