DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police are investigating after a woman was found dead near the woods on Sunday morning, according to a press release sent Monday.
Police responded to the 3100-block of Hursey Street around 8:30 a.m. Sunday and found a woman “unresponsive near the wood line.”
The victim has been identified as Nikki Bazemore, 32. She was pronounced dead at the scene and “appeared to have been shot,” police said.
No charges have been filed and no other details are available at this time.
Bazemore’s brother has set up a GoFundMe to pay for funeral arrangements and for the care of her three children.
Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator Armstrong at (919) 560-4440, ext. 29325 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Inspectors checking ‘every nut, bolt, fastener or screw’ on NC State Fair rides
- 12 Democrats meet for first debate since impeachment inquiry
- Dutch family of 7 waiting for ‘the end of time’ discovered living in farmhouse basement
- Wake County reports most coyote sightings in North Carolina
- Fail foliage expected to peak for some North Carolina mountains this weekend
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now