DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police are investigating after a woman was found dead near the woods on Sunday morning, according to a press release sent Monday.
Police responded to the 3100-block of Hursey Street around 8:30 a.m. Sunday and found a woman “unresponsive near the wood line.”
The victim has been identified as Nikki Bazemore, 32. She was pronounced dead at the scene and “appeared to have been shot,” police said.
No charges have been filed and no other details are available at this time.
Bazemore’s brother has set up a GoFundMe to pay for funeral arrangements and for the care of her three children.
Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator Armstrong at (919) 560-4440, ext. 29325 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Virtual job fair Thursday, Home Depot looking to hire
- CVS to open 55 new self-swab COVID-19 drive-thru testing sites across NC
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Orange County bus drivers, Robeson County detention officers needed
- Woman tells police she ‘has COVID-19,’ spits at officer to ‘infect him so he dies’
- PETA: 20 NC PetSmart stores caught violating state animal welfare regulations
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now