TIMBERLAKE, N.C. (WNCN) — Deputies responded Monday afternoon after there was a report of a child with a gun on a Person County school bus, officials said.
The incident was reported just after 3:45 p.m. and involved a student and bus from Helena Elementary School in Timberlake, according to school and law enforcement officials.
The bus stopped along Stanley Oakley Road and waited for law enforcement.
Deputies from the Person County Sheriff’s Office responded and investigated the report.
The student on the bus had a BB gun, according to Person County Schools spokeswoman Tracy Scruggs.
“At no time were any students in danger,” Scruggs said in an email.
No information was released about the student.
Scruggs said, “… school policies allow for short-term and long-term suspension of students when necessary to maintain order and safety in our schools.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Police respond after person shot in foot at NC Walmart
- Boston College blows past NC State, 45-24
- VIDEO: Driver crashes head-on into van, witnesses keep him from leaving scene
- 600 turtles saved from poaching ring; 2 men arrested
- Tornadoes damage Florida homes as Nestor moves ashore
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now