FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A Fayetteville man is accused of sex offenses involving a minor and allowing three children to live in deplorable conditions, Cumberland County Sheriff Ennis Wright said.
Earnest Dean Alderidge, 45, of Fayetteville is charged with second-degree forcible rape, second-degree forced sex offense and other sex crimes.
The incidents occurred Jan. 29 and 31, according to Wright, at a home in the 2100 block of Cattail Circle.
Alderidge is charged with three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, which are misdemeanors, for the abhorrent living conditions at the home.
“It’s very disturbing and one of the more difficult cases that we deal with here in Cumberland County anytime something deals with a child who’s a truly innocent victim,” said Cumberland County District Attorney Billy West.
Alderidge was arrested Thursday and taken to the Cumberland County Detention Center.
During a hearing Friday, he asked for a judge to reduce his $503,000 secured bond, which the judge denied. He’s scheduled to return to court on Feb. 28.
Following the hearing, Alderidge’s fiancée denied the allegations.
“He would yell sometimes, but that’s about it,” said Ruby Keener. “They got mad because we were planning to move to California and said they were going to do whatever they had to do to stay in Fayetteville.”WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- KNIGHTDALE MAN IMPREGNATES BIOLOGICAL DAUGHTER, PLANS TO MARRY HER, WARRANTS SAY
- 38 ARRESTED IN NC TASK FORCE’S ‘OPERATION GROUNDHOG,’ DEPUTIES SAY
- FAYETTEVILLE GAS STATION ASSAULT LEAVES 73-YEAR-OLD IN CRITICAL CONDITION, POLICE SAY
- REGISTERED NC SEX OFFENDER CHARGED WITH RAPING 11-YEAR-OLD IN WAYNE COUNTY
- WOMAN FLUSHES HAMSTER DOWN TOILET AFTER AIRLINE BANS IT FROM FLIGHT