LOUISBURG, N.C. (WNCN) – The National Weather Service issued a flood warning Friday night for the Tar River in Franklin County.
The warning, issued just before 11 p.m., said the Tar River was at 19.9 feet with its flood stage being 20 feet.
Minor flooding is forecast, the NWS said.
The Tar River near Louisburg is expected to rise above flood stage after midnight Saturday. It will then fall below flood stage later Saturday morning, the alert said.
Affected areas include the Main Street area and River Bend Park.
The NWS will issue its next advisory at 11 a.m. Saturday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC State, William & Mary cancel Monday game due to coronavirus
- Suspect sought in deadly Jacksonville shooting
- Wake Forest teen battling colon cancer ‘thankful’ for support and spending holiday with family
- Thousands travel through RDU over Thanksgiving, but numbers plummet from last year
- 1 wounded after shots fired into car along Glenwood Avenue in North Raleigh