LOUISBURG, N.C. (WNCN) – The National Weather Service issued a flood warning Friday night for the Tar River in Franklin County.
The warning, issued just before 11 p.m., said the Tar River was at 19.9 feet with its flood stage being 20 feet.
Minor flooding is forecast, the NWS said.
The Tar River near Louisburg is expected to rise above flood stage after midnight Saturday. It will then fall below flood stage later Saturday morning, the alert said.
Affected areas include the Main Street area and River Bend Park.
The NWS will issue its next advisory at 11 a.m. Saturday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 94-year-old man dead, 96-year-old woman flown to hospital after crashing into NC home
- Almost half of Republicans say they won’t get COVID vaccine in survey
- After lost dog found, owner says pet rescue won’t give it back
- Arkansas man pleads guilty in death of 1-year-old found in plastic container
- COVID-19 in NC: 2,400+ cases reported; 45% of NC adults have received at least 1 vaccine dose