MOORE COUNTY, N.C. (WNCN) – A former Moore County high school teacher was arrested for engaging in sex acts with a student, according to a news release from the Moore County Sheriff’s Office.
On May 20, the Moore County Schools Police Department contacted the sheriff’s office to request help investigating a report of an inappropriate relationship between a Union Pines High School student and a teacher, the release said.
Jilian Lee Reynolds, 41, of Pinehurst, was arrested Monday. She is charged with felony indecent liberties with a student and felony sex act with a student. She is being held at the Moore County Detention Center under a $150,000 secured bond.
Reynolds’ first court appearance is scheduled for June 27.
- NC investigators working to determine if arson was racially motivated
- About 100 protest and march in Knightdale Friday night
- Hundreds march during 7th night of protests in Raleigh Friday
- Grateful mom thanks NC police captain who saved choking baby at restaurant
- Fayetteville police announce arrests in break-ins, vandalism following protests
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now