MOORE COUNTY, N.C. (WNCN) – A former Moore County high school teacher was arrested for engaging in sex acts with a student, according to a news release from the Moore County Sheriff’s Office.
On May 20, the Moore County Schools Police Department contacted the sheriff’s office to request help investigating a report of an inappropriate relationship between a Union Pines High School student and a teacher, the release said.
Jilian Lee Reynolds, 41, of Pinehurst, was arrested Monday. She is charged with felony indecent liberties with a student and felony sex act with a student. She is being held at the Moore County Detention Center under a $150,000 secured bond.
Reynolds’ first court appearance is scheduled for June 27.
- Friends mourn Smithfield dad who died while swimming in Cape Fear River
- Daughters save dad’s life after he has allergic reaction to bee sting
- Former Fort Bragg doctor joins NC State grad aboard International Space Station
- 1 taken to hospital after car plows into SC dentist’s office
- Triangle EMS workers responding to more heat-related calls
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now