MOORE COUNTY, N.C. (WNCN) – A former Moore County high school teacher was arrested for engaging in sex acts with a student, according to a news release from the Moore County Sheriff’s Office.
On May 20, the Moore County Schools Police Department contacted the sheriff’s office to request help investigating a report of an inappropriate relationship between a Union Pines High School student and a teacher, the release said.
Jilian Lee Reynolds, 41, of Pinehurst, was arrested Monday. She is charged with felony indecent liberties with a student and felony sex act with a student. She is being held at the Moore County Detention Center under a $150,000 secured bond.
Reynolds’ first court appearance is scheduled for June 27.
- Teen girl reported missing near NC coast
- Holly Springs sweeps non-conference slate with 49-20 win at Cary
- Drive of the Week: Holly Springs wastes no time opening scoring | Week 5
- Nose gear collapses as small plane lands at Fayetteville airport
- Wes Hohenstein visits Easley Elementary School 2nd graders
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now