RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A Granville County middle school teacher is behind bars and facing multiple child sex charges, according to the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation.
Bobby Scott Nealey, 50, of Wake Forest, was arrested Aug. 7 by special agents with the NCSBI’s Computer Crimes Unit, according to authorities.
Nealey, a 6th-grade teacher and wrestling coach at Butner-Stem Middle School, is charged with nine counts of second-degree sexual exploitation of a minor.
According to the SBI, their investigation into Nealey began after a tip was sent to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) CyberTipline. The tip was reported on a social media site and said that a user had uploaded “child sexual exploitation material.”
Nealey is currently being held in the Granville County Detention Center under a $400,000 secured bond.
According to the SBI, the investigation is ongoing. If you have any additional information in the case, call the SBI at (919) 662-4500.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Can the coronavirus travel more than 6 feet in the air?
- ‘Lead from the front’: Vietnam combat veteran shares lessons in leadership
- XFL football games to return spring of 2022
- Newsfeed Now: Burn victim goes viral on TikTok; Sonic employees go over & beyond for 7-year-old in Arkansas
- Veterans Voices: Navy sailor creates nonprofit to bring joy to active duty service members
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now