ANGIER, N.C. (WNCN) — An Angier man is jailed on a second-degree murder charge after illegally distributing fentanyl, which resulted in the November death of another man.
The Harnett County Sheriff’s Office says Jordan Antonio Thorpe, 22, was arrested on Dec. 18 and charged with second-degree murder by distribution of an illegal synthetic opioid (fentanyl).
The charge stems from the death investigation of Caleb Weaver on Nov. 25 where deputies were dispatched to a residence in Angier and found Weaver unresponsive.
Thorpe is jailed in the Harnett County detention center under a $3,000,000 secured bond.
- NC health officials anticipate spike in cases of COVID-19 following Trump rally
- ‘My struggles continue’: Ronnie Long seeks pardon after wrongful conviction overturned
- Goldsboro shooting leaves man hospitalized
- Plans for Walkable Midtown moving forward
- US announces sanctions against Iran for attempted election interference
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now