DUNN, N.C. (WNCN) – A man and woman from Dunn were arrested after investigators said they sexually assaulted a child, the Harnett County Sheriff’s Office said.
The Harnett County Sheriff’s Office Detective Division opened the investigation in June after the sheriff’s offices in Sampson and Cumberland counties received a tip.
That investigation led to the arrest of Kerrie Norris, 35, and Emmanuel Lewis Davis, 36.
Norris and Davis each face charges of statutory rape, statutory sex offense, and felony conspiracy, the sheriff’s office said.
Norris is being held at the Harnett County Detention Center under an $855,000 secured bond while Davis is at the Cumberland County Detention Center under a $435,000 secured bond.
The Harnett County Sheriff’s Office said Norris and Davis were in a relationship at the time of the assault.
Further information was not released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Rep. Mark Walker announces run for US Senate in 2022
- ‘Not a pop-up’: 200 Sephora locations to open in Kohl’s stores in 2021
- NewsNation, WGN America coming to YouTube TV in January 2021
- Fayetteville road rage incident leads to assault, police say
- Fayetteville man purchases $20 Loaded ticket, wins last $100,000 prize