SPRING LAKE, N.C. (WNCN) — A homicide investigation is underway after a music teacher was found dead in his front yard on Sunday, Harnett County deputies say.
Deputies say there were signs of trauma to Marcus Deshawn Allen’s body when he was found.
According to the Harnett County Sheriff’s Office, a call came in referencing a possible deceased person lying in the front yard of 21 W. Governor Brandon St. in Spring Lake.
Deputies say they arrived to find Allen, 28, dead in the front yard. Allen lived at the address, deputies say.
Allen was a teacher at Cornerstone Christian Academy in Fayetteville, which posted a Facebook note and photos about him on Monday.
“Cornerstone Christian Academy is mourning the loss of our music teacher, Mr. Marcus Allen. Mr. Allen was loved by his students and Mr. Allen loved our God. He led many of us to grow in passion for expressing our faith through song. He will be sorely missed. Please pray for our faculty and students as they deal with this tragedy. “
The body has been transported to the state medical examiner’s office for an autopsy.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective J. Gardner at 910-893-0149 firstname.lastname@example.org or our tip-line at 910-893-0300.
- Bank of America experiencing major online glitch, $0 displaying in some accounts
- Florida man accused of telling child ‘you now have coronavirus’ at restaurant, police say
- Tracking the Tropics: Experts update hurricane season forecast to ‘extremely active’ with 24 named storms
- Raleigh City Manager Ruffin Hall to retire
- COVID-19 in NC: 40 more deaths, but fewest new cases reported since June
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now