HENDERSON, N.C. (WNCN) – One man is being held in the Vance County Detention Center after multiple law enforcement agencies conducted a drug bust in Henderson, police said.
According to the Henderson Police Department, officers and their investigation led to a narcotics search warrant on the 3700 block of Raleigh Road.
Police said during the service of the warrant, approximately 7,500 dosage units of heroin, drug manufacturing equipment, marijuana, one handgun and $12,736 in currency were seized.
24-year-old Kortez Williams was arrested in connection to this investigation, police said.
According to police, Williams was charged with:
- Three counts of trafficking heroin
- One count of possession with intent to manufacture, sell, deliver heroin, trafficking heroin by manufacturing
- One count of possession with intent to manufacture, sell, deliver marijuana
- One count of possession of firearm by felon
- Two counts of maintaining a dwelling place for a controlled substance and
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
Williams received no bond by Magistrate Stewart.
He was remanded to the Vance County Detention Center.
Williams was out on bond for the possession of a firearm by a felon charge at the time of this arrest.
The Vance County Sheriff’s Office, the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives also assisted in the investigation.