PINETOPS, N.C. (WNCN) — A weekend shooting that left two dead and two others hurt just outside a small Edgecombe County town happened at an illegal bar, officials said Monday.
Officers responded to a shots fired call around 2:15 a.m. Saturday at a home in the 700 block of Lashley Street near Pinetops.
Upon arrival, officers found four people had been wounded in a shooting. Two of the victims were pronounced dead at the scene.
One victim was transported to a hospital and the other refused treatment.
Monday, North Carolina Alcohol Law Enforcement officials said that the home where the shooting happened at 715 East Lashley Street was an “illegal bar.”
Deputies contacted ALE officials who seized 76 liters of malt beverage and nearly 30 liters of spirituous liquor from the home.
Treesie Shontell Allen, 39, who owns the home, was charged with the possession of alcoholic beverages for sale without the applicable ABC permits, ALE officials said in a news release.
“One of ALE’s primary missions is eliminating locations where alcoholic beverages are illegally sold to reduce acts of senseless violence,” Bryan House, Director of Alcohol Law Enforcement, said in a news release.
The Edgecombe County Sheriff’s Office is still investigating the double deadly shooting.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Vehicle crash closes parts of Triangle Expressway in Durham County
- UNC students create device that uses light to sanitize items amid COVID-19 pandemic
- 1 dead after NC home set fire, officials say
- VCU fraternity suspended following the death of a 19-year-old freshman
- Dozens line up outside Bass Pro Shop to buy ammunition in Virginia