CARTHAGE, N.C. (WNCN) – An inmate being processed in the booking area at the Moore County Detention Center died Tuesday evening after experiencing a “medical emergency,” the sheriff’s office said.
Staff administered medical aid. EMS was called and CPR was initiated. The inmate died at the scene, a news release said.
The inmate wasn’t identified.
The State Bureau of Investigation will conduct an independent inquiry.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NASA to launch new satellite to improve hurricane forecasting
- One death, multiple injuries reported in Mississippi from Hurricane Zeta
- Wisconsin GOP says hackers stole $2.3 million from Trump reelection effort
- Zeta brings flood risk, severe weather to western Carolinas
- Photos: Zeta leaves trail of downed trees and flooding as it races through the Carolinas
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now