GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) – A 19-year-old is wanted after Johnston County deputies said he shot a teen Wednesday at a home near Garner.
Deputies responded to a residence on Lainey Street after multiple 911 calls were made saying someone had been shot.
Deputies said a 16-year-old was found at the scene suffering from a gunshot wound to the leg.
The victim was transported to WakeMed where he was treated and released.
Deputies identified Joshua Za’Quan McFarland, who lives in the Clayton area, as the suspect.
McFarland shot the teen during and altercation and left the scene, investigators said.
Arrest warrants have been obtained for McFarland.
Anyone with information as to the location of McFarland is asked to contact the Johnston County Sheriff’s Office at 919-989-5000.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Few crowds seen on Franklin Street during big UNC-Notre Dame game
- One person killed, another wounded in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- Retired coast guard vet still helping fellow military members
- Teen charged after passenger dies in DUI crash on Thanksgiving, SC troopers say