GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) – A 19-year-old is wanted after Johnston County deputies said he shot a teen Wednesday at a home near Garner.
Deputies responded to a residence on Lainey Street after multiple 911 calls were made saying someone had been shot.
Deputies said a 16-year-old was found at the scene suffering from a gunshot wound to the leg.
The victim was transported to WakeMed where he was treated and released.
Deputies identified Joshua Za’Quan McFarland, who lives in the Clayton area, as the suspect.
McFarland shot the teen during and altercation and left the scene, investigators said.
Arrest warrants have been obtained for McFarland.
Anyone with information as to the location of McFarland is asked to contact the Johnston County Sheriff’s Office at 919-989-5000.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Sen. Thom Tillis introduces bill that would make attacks on police officers a federal crime
- Father of 2-year-old shot in Fayetteville was shot to death in May 2019, police say
- WATCH: Woman tells officer ‘I have to poop so bad’ before high-speed chase
- 2020 Maui Invitational to be held in Asheville; UNC, Davidson part of field
- Tropical Storm Wilfred forms in Atlantic – next named storm will be ‘Alpha’