GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) – Two people are dead following a traffic collision Wednesday afternoon on Highway 42 in Johnston County.
The Highway Patrol is investigating the incident that occurred around 2:30 p.m. near the Walmart Super Center at the interchange of Highway 42 and Interstate 40.
Along with two dead, the Highway Patrol said multiple injuries are being reported.
The Highway Patrol said two vehicles – a passenger vehicle and a pickup truck – were involved.
One of the vehicles caught fire.
CBS 17 will update this story as it develops.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Girlfriend charged with murder after man killed in stabbing, SC police say
- Mom of slain teen is shot during burial service; son was among 2 killed by Florida deputies
- ALERT DAY: Rain and storms bring threat of damaging wind, tornadoes Monday morning
- NC man charged with murder in Transylvania County shooting, deputies say
- Former Trump aide sues over Russia probe surveillance, claims he was ‘unlawful spying’ victim