SMITHFIELD, N.C. (WNCN) — Smithfield police were investigating a serious vehicle crash Sunday night.
The wreck was reported around 10:30 p.m. along Wilsons Mills Road at M. Durwood Stevenson Highway in the west Smithfield area.
In images from the scene, it appeared a sedan collided with a van. The intersection was closed as fire crews were in the area and both vehicles had not been moved.
No immediate information about injuries was available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 10-year-old NC boy looking for bone marrow donor
- Pfizer cuts 2020 COVID-19 vaccine distribution in half due to supply-chain issues, report says
- Comedian documenting fight against COVID-19 dies after 2nd Instagram video
- Franklin County health director slams Youngsville’s decision to hold Christmas parade Saturday
- COVID-19 in NC: Hospitalizations increase as NC has fewest available ICU beds amid pandemic