SMITHFIELD, N.C. (WNCN) — Smithfield police were investigating a serious vehicle crash Sunday night.
The wreck was reported around 10:30 p.m. along Wilsons Mills Road at M. Durwood Stevenson Highway in the west Smithfield area.
In images from the scene, it appeared a sedan collided with a van. The intersection was closed as fire crews were in the area and both vehicles had not been moved.
No immediate information about injuries was available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- No injuries after small plane crashes at Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport
- Revisiting Prince Charles’ 1996 trip to The Biltmore
- NC woman describes attack by possible coyote; photos show some of 13 puncture wounds
- Now approved to administer COVID-19 vaccine, NC dentists eager to help fight pandemic
- It’s a girl, Harry and expecting mom Meghan tell Oprah about 2nd child