CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) – The boyfriend of a woman found dead in her apartment in Clayton was arrested Thursday in Wilmington Thursday for her murder, police said.
David Alan Brinson, 52, was arrested in a hotel in Wilmington Thursday evening. He is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Karen Barney, 54. She was found stabbed to death in her apartment along the 600 block of N. O’Neil Street Wednesday afternoon, according to Clayton police spokesperson Stacy Beard.
Police referred to Brinson as her boyfriend.
Neighbors had contacted family to say they hadn’t seen Barney outside as usual.
“Clayton Police would like to thank the Wilmington Police Department for their assistance in making this quick arrest,” the release said.
Brinson will return to Johnston County to face the charges.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mexican residents want stronger border restrictions on Americans as coronavirus cases rise
- Police: SC man pointed gun at neighbors because he wanted them to stop shooting fireworks
- All Florida school districts must reopen campuses next month, Dept. of Education says
- Chicago man who fired gun into murder victim’s grave given 15-year sentence
- Beats by Dre announces Bubba Wallace endorsement deal: ‘Hate cannot win the day’