CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) – A husband and wife were displaced after a fire tore through the garage of their home in Clayton, according to town spokesperson Stacy Beard.
The fire appears to have started in the house’s garage but the cause is under investigation. The couple was able to get out safely, Beard said.
The call came in at 7:53 p.m. and it took a little less than an hour for firefighters to get the blaze under control.
No other information was available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Fayetteville leaders hopeful new Amazon delivery station will attract more companies to area
- Biden supports waiving COVID vaccine patent rights
- Twitter introduces ‘Tip Jar’ that allows you to pay users for tweets
- NC House approves bill banning abortions based on race or Down syndrome
- Children now account for 22% of new COVID cases in NC