CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) – A husband and wife were displaced after a fire tore through the garage of their home in Clayton, according to town spokesperson Stacy Beard.
The fire appears to have started in the house’s garage but the cause is under investigation. The couple was able to get out safely, Beard said.
The call came in at 7:53 p.m. and it took a little less than an hour for firefighters to get the blaze under control.
No other information was available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Tennessee woman renews license online, gets new ID with picture of empty chair
- VIDEO: Police officer shoots driver after accidentally getting Tased by another officer
- Sparta continues to feel tremors after 5.1 magnitude earthquake felt across North Carolina
- Tractor-trailer crashes into 3 firetrucks at scene of fire on I-85 in NC
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Tesla and Service Experts are hiring
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now