CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) – A husband and wife were displaced after a fire tore through the garage of their home in Clayton, according to town spokesperson Stacy Beard.
The fire appears to have started in the house’s garage but the cause is under investigation. The couple was able to get out safely, Beard said.
The call came in at 7:53 p.m. and it took a little less than an hour for firefighters to get the blaze under control.
No other information was available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Domino’s restaurants and Scenthound are hiring
- Former NFL star Marshawn Lynch hands out 200 Thanksgiving turkeys in Hawaii
- ‘A hero’: Charlotte man rescues little girl wandering alone in early morning
- 2-week shutdown possible in Virginia to stunt COVID-19 spread after Thanksgiving
- Looking for the new Xbox or PlayStation 5? These sites will alert you when they’re back in stock