ARCHER LODGE, N.C. (WNCN) — A gas leak near Clayton Tuesday afternoon caused a business evacuated and a road to be closed, officials said.
The incident was reported around 1:30 p.m. at the intersection of N.C. 42 east and Buffalo Road.
Both directions of N.C. 42 are closed. A detour has been set up in the area.
CVS Pharmacy was evacuated, officials with Archer Lodge Fire said.
Officials at the scene said the leak could take all night to repair.
No injuries have been reported.
The road reopened at about 10:15 p.m.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- North Carolina Zoo welcomes polar bear Payton while saying goodbye to Nikita
- CBS 17 Job Alert — Eclaro and STI Polymer are hiring
- Man dies after being shot while in his car at Fayetteville’s Cross Creek Mall, police say
- Oklahoma lawmaker files bill for Bigfoot hunting season
- Coach Pete Helps My Carolina Shop for Life Insurance