CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) – A homicide investigation is underway after Clayton police found a woman dead in her apartment near downtown Clayton Wednesday afternoon, spokesperson Stacy Beard said in a news release.
The 54-year-old woman, who has not yet been identified, was found in her apartment along the 600 block of N. O’Neil Street. Police believe the matter is domestic in nature, Beard said.
A suspect has been identified.
“It is an active investigation and no other details are available at this time,” Beard said.
This story will be updated as more information is released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham County Public Schools holds virtual town hall, Cumberland schools approve plan
- NC officials say protests did not lead to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Doctors note new COVID-19 symptoms in young adults
- Pentagon officials: Investigation into removal of protesters near White House almost done
- Families alarmed by gunshots near youth baseball game in Goldsboro