SMITHFIELD, N.C. (WNCN) — A high-speed chase in Johnston County ended just before at a Food Lion in Smithfield, Johnston County 911 officials told CBS 17.
The Johnston County Sheriff’s Office engaged in the pursuit and officials said the chase came to an end near the Food Lion located in the 900-block of Brightleaf Boulevard.
No further information is available at this time.
CBS 17 has a crew headed to the scene and this story will be updated as it develops.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Moore County Sheriff’s Office phone lines restored after brief outage
- Fayetteville woman charged after mother-in-law found deceased following domestic disturbance
- Blitz High School Football Scoreboard | Playoff semifinals
- Leesville Road ends Wake Forest’s 3 years of domination, advances to 1st state championship game
- Cardinal Gibbons downs Scotland, earns spot in state championship game
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now