SMITHFIELD, N.C. (WNCN) – A 29-year-old mom was robbed at gunpoint inside her Johnston County home in front of her three children, the sheriff’s office said.
Around 3:35 p.m., three men armed with handguns forced their way inside the home in the Maplewood Run subdivision off Cleveland Road near Smithfield.
The armed suspects took items from the home before leaving the scene, the Johnston County Sheriff’s Office said.
“They took everything in my safe. They took all the money and gold we had in our safe. They just knew we had it,” the mother said in a 911 call.
The woman’s husband was at work at the time of the home invasion.
No one inside the home was injured during the incident.
Anyone with information on this home invasion is asked to contact detectives at 919-989-5000.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Guskiewicz voted in as new UNC-CH chancellor
- Neighbors of ‘Home Alone’ house share behind-the-scenes video of iconic movie 30 years after its release
- Colorado officer found drunk in patrol car while on duty keeps job, not charged with DUI
- VIDEO: An octopus caught a bald eagle in a death grip. Thanks to some salmon farmers, the eagle survived
- Parole officer involved in Johnston County shooting; SBI investigating
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now