SMITHFIELD, N.C. (WNCN) – The Johnston County Register of Deed’s Office will be closed until further notice “out of an abundance of caution” for COVID-19, the county announced Tuesday.
Starting Wednesday, employees will be available via telephone to answer questions and provide assistance, county spokesperson Paulette Williams said in a news release.
A number of the office’s services are available online, such as electronic recording of real estate documents and online requests for birth, marriage, and death certificates.
The register of deeds office can be contacted at 919-989-5160.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 101-year-old Hawaii man celebrates birthday at his favorite gym
- N.C. reports 7,986 new COVID-19 cases Saturday, deaths surpass 8,000
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone
- LIVE: Biden to elevate role of science with cabinet picks