CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) — Johnston County health officials have reported a seventh death at the Springbrook Rehabilitation & Nursing Center in Clayton.
On Monday, Johnston County officials announced there was a total of 54 cases linked to Springbrook.
Of that number, 35 were current or former residents who tested positive along with 12 staff members living in Johnston County and seven that are living outside the county.
Last week, Springbrook said it was making changes including buying more personal protective equipment, hand sanitizer, and partnering with a lab, planning to conduct many more COVID-19 tests.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- No. 11 Miami holds off Virginia 19-14, moves to 5-1
- Durham event makes room for more outdoor dining at downtown businesses
- Top Pence aide tests positive for coronavirus, vice president to go forward with Kinston trip, officials say
- NC officials shut down church as ‘imminent hazard’ citing link to 3 deaths among 121 COVID-19 cases
- Charlotte police dodge gunfire while trying to stop driver at break-in call
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now