CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) – A Johnston County school bus carrying 30 students was involved in a minor accident on N. Fayetteville Street early Friday.
The bus was taking students to Cooper Academy when a pick-up truck backed into it.
The truck and bus were undamaged, Clayton officials said.
The principal walked 16 students to the school, which is less than half-a-mile from the scene of the accident.
One student said he hit his head and is being taken to the hospital for evaluation.
The school district is contacting parents.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 2 vehicles drive into crowd protesting Breonna Taylor’s killing; at least 1 hit
- What both sides are saying about a peaceful transition of power
- NewsNation/Emerson poll: Biden has slight lead over President Trump
- Pedestrian hit by vehicle, killed in Fayetteville Friday morning, police say
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday