KENLY, N.C. (WNCN) — A deadly car crash closed part of a road near Kenly in Johnston County Sunday afternoon, officials say.
The wreck was reported just after 2:45 p.m. along N.C. 222 near Bunn Road, which is at Kenly Missionary Baptist Church, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
The area is just west of Interstate 95 and north of the U.S. 301 exit at Kenly. The North Carolina State Highway Patrol could only confirm Sunday evening that one person died in the crash.
Westbound N.C. 222 reopened just after 5:30 p.m.
No other details were available.
- Gun and ammo shortage looms as hunting season approaches
- Wake County program offers eviction, assistance for COVID-19 impacted renters
- 90-year-old Florida man hits hole-in-one
- Man charged with rape after 13-year-old girl taken from Nashville Walmart
- California governor signs law prompted by photo scandal in Kobe Bryant helicopter crash
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now