KENLY, N.C. (WNCN) — A deadly car crash closed part of a road near Kenly in Johnston County Sunday afternoon, officials say.
The wreck was reported just after 2:45 p.m. along N.C. 222 near Bunn Road, which is at Kenly Missionary Baptist Church, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
The area is just west of Interstate 95 and north of the U.S. 301 exit at Kenly. The North Carolina State Highway Patrol could only confirm Sunday evening that one person died in the crash.
Westbound N.C. 222 reopened just after 5:30 p.m.
No other details were available.
- Hospital lets parents watch their NICU baby 24/7 through cameras
- Family’s dog stabbed 6 times by police officer
- Petition calls on NBA to change logo in honor of Kobe Bryant
- Woman claims man watched her use restroom at PNC Arena during UFC event
- China counts 106 virus deaths as US, others move to evacuate