KENLY, N.C. (WNCN) — A deadly car crash closed part of a road near Kenly in Johnston County Sunday afternoon, officials say.
The wreck was reported just after 2:45 p.m. along N.C. 222 near Bunn Road, which is at Kenly Missionary Baptist Church, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
The area is just west of Interstate 95 and north of the U.S. 301 exit at Kenly. The North Carolina State Highway Patrol could only confirm Sunday evening that one person died in the crash.
Westbound N.C. 222 reopened just after 5:30 p.m.
No other details were available.
- Police investigating after man shot at North Raleigh home
- Family devastated after burglar steals baby’s ashes from home
- Blount lifts NC Central over Christendom College 109-28
- Roanoke Rapids day care owner says she’s heartboken after employees arrested for child abuse
- ‘An Evening with Chevy Chase’ comes to Raleigh; includes ‘Christmas Vacation’ screening
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now