CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) – One person died in an accident on N.C. 42 in Clayton Tuesday evening, the North Carolina State Highway Patrol said.
A man was driving west on N.C. 42 near Motorcycle Road when he hit the concrete median, flipped, and was ejected. The man wasn’t wearing his seatbelt, troopers said.
Speed was a factor.
An alert from the North Carolina Department of Transportation said N.C. 42 was closed for an undetermined period of time.
No further information was released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Woman gets pinned at drive-thru lane of Virginia bank, sustains life-threatening injuries
- TSA: NC woman found with loaded gun at Virginia airport
- Study: Eating a big breakfast burns more calories
- Photo shows baby girl glaring at doctors in epic stare-down moments after her birth
- IHOP giving away free pancakes for National Pancake Day
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now