CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) — A New York Times best-selling author and illustrator will be visiting Clayton on Thursday, according to a news release.
Grace Lin will visit on Thursday for a full day of activities, plus a 6 p.m. lecture. at The Clayton Center downtown, officials said.
Lin has won the two most prestigious awards in children’s literature — the Newbery and Caldecott awards. Her book, “Where the Mountain Meets the Moon,” has been lauded as the Chinese ‘Wizard of Oz,’ the release says.
The events are free and open to the public. For more information and to register, click here.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Chase Bank and Wegmans are hiring
- South Carolina business criticized for banning masks inside store
- Law enforcement officers across NC to join in procession to honor fallen Nash County deputy
- Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree turns on, with virus restrictions
- Florida Sen. Rick Scott promises uphill battle for Biden’s Cabinet picks