CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) – A pedestrian was hit and killed by a vehicle Friday night on U.S. 70 business in Clayton, police said.
The deadly crash happened near the Walmart, located at 805 Towne Center Blvd., police said around 8:45 p.m. Friday.
The eastbound lanes were closed while police investigated.
Clayton officials later said that charges were not expected in the incident.
A detour was set up. Drivers should avoid the area, if possible.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 22-year-old charged with girlfriend’s murder in West Knoxville shooting
- 1 dead in motorcycle crash along S. Saunders St. near I-40 in Raleigh, police say
- Vendors grateful for opportunity presented by NC State Fair food event
- Triangle law enforcement issuing very few citations as COVID-19 cases continue to increase
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her