SMITHFIELD, N.C. (WNCN) — Police say a dead man was found outside the Johnston County Public Library in Smithfield on Sunday.
The body was discovered around 1:45 p.m. at the library at 305 E. Market St., according to a news release from Smithfield police.
“The body was found behind a heating and/or air conditioning unit concealed by thick shrubbery,” the news release reported.
The man has since been identified as Bobby Ray Bailey, 42, of Benson.
“The death of Mr. Bailey does not appear to be suspicious at this time. This case remains under investigation pending the completion of the autopsy and toxicology reports,” police said in a release.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Full list: All the pardons and commutations issued by President Trump in 2021
- Raleigh buildings light up in amber to honor lives lost to COVID-19
- Winning jackpot numbers for Mega Millions are chosen
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- Durham city leaders pass nondiscrimination ordinance, includes hair