RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A Raleigh man is facing multiple child sex charges in connection with a case out of Johnston County that dates back to January, according to a Wake County arrest warrant.
Alejandro Duarte Aldama, 32, was arrested Tuesday and charged with indecent liberties with a child and statutory sex offense – child less than 13; defendant 18+.
According to the warrant, Aldama “attempt[ed] to engage in a sex act with…a child who was under the age of 13, namely 6 years old” on Jan. 4.
Aldama is being held in the Wake County Detention Center under a $1 million secured bond. His first court date is set for Thursday in Johnston County court, according to the warrant.
- LIVE: Items belonging to Brian Laundrie found on trail at North Port park, family attorney says
- Massachusetts man disguised as woman took videos of girls in bathroom, police say
- US Marshals storm NC hotel room of Brian Laundrie lookalike
- Picture surfaces of person of interest in Fayetteville Motel 6 homicide
- Nurse convicted of using air injections to kill 4 patients