RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A Raleigh man is facing multiple child sex charges in connection with a case out of Johnston County that dates back to January, according to a Wake County arrest warrant.
Alejandro Duarte Aldama, 32, was arrested Tuesday and charged with indecent liberties with a child and statutory sex offense – child less than 13; defendant 18+.
According to the warrant, Aldama “attempt[ed] to engage in a sex act with…a child who was under the age of 13, namely 6 years old” on Jan. 4.
Aldama is being held in the Wake County Detention Center under a $1 million secured bond. His first court date is set for Thursday in Johnston County court, according to the warrant.
- 1 taken to hospital after shooting at North Hills shopping center in Raleigh; 1 detained
- No. 18 Alabama beats No. 1 North Carolina 103-101 in 4 OTs
- The man behind the Panthers mascot: Being Sir Purr’s assistant is a full-time job!
- Edey scores 21 as No. 24 Purdue upsets No. 8 Duke 75-56 in Phil Knight Legacy tournament
- Fugitive sex offender nabbed in NC town after month-long search; woman helped him hide out, deputies say