RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A Raleigh man is facing multiple child sex charges in connection with a case out of Johnston County that dates back to January, according to a Wake County arrest warrant.
Alejandro Duarte Aldama, 32, was arrested Tuesday and charged with indecent liberties with a child and statutory sex offense – child less than 13; defendant 18+.
According to the warrant, Aldama “attempt[ed] to engage in a sex act with…a child who was under the age of 13, namely 6 years old” on Jan. 4.
Aldama is being held in the Wake County Detention Center under a $1 million secured bond. His first court date is set for Thursday in Johnston County court, according to the warrant.
- Raleigh home heavily damaged by fire Sunday evening
- Body found in search for woman after her car is discovered wrecked, abandoned in Virginia
- 1 dead after car and tractor-trailer collide on I-85 in Granville County
- US airports hit with jet fuel shortage amid demand from airlines, firefighters
- Boy and dad among 4 injured in dog attack in North Raleigh