CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) – A road was closed in Clayton late Wednesday afternoon as crews battled a house fire, a town spokesperson said.
Crews with the Clayton fire and police departments responded to the scene, which was located along the 6300 block of Little Creek Church Road, to find the house “fully engaged,” spokeswoman Cathy Marraccini said.
Police shut down Little Creek Church Road between Boling Street at Wren Lane and Sunnyview Lane.
The house was an older structure and vacant at the time of the fire, Marraccini said. Clayton police and the Johnston County Fire Marshal are investigating it, Marraccini said.
No additional information was immediately available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- New Jersey causes stir by making smokers eligible for COVID-19 vaccine
- Fake drugs? Substance found in car from police auction was initially believed to be $300K in heroin
- Capitol riot arrests: What we know about these notable suspects
- Real estate agent who took private jet to D.C. is charged in Capitol riot; has self-help book canceled
- Cabarrus County school board member says she’s being harassed over decision to reopen schools