CLEVELAND, N.C. (WNCN) — A Johnston County deputy shot a suspect as law enforcement was attempting to serve arrest warrants on him at a Johnston County hotel last week, SBI says.
SBI investigators say on Dec. 4, deputies with the Johnston County Sheriff’s Office were attempting to serve arrest warrants on Bruce Wayne Vaughan, 50, of Sanford at the WoodSprings Suites Hotel in Johnston County.
Records show Vaughan had outstanding warrants originating out of Lee County.
Investigators say after a standoff, deputies made entry into his hotel room.
Vaughan was shot during the encounter by a deputy and later transported to the hospital where he was treated, investigators say.
No officers were injured in the shooting.
- Save Time & Money on a Home Refresh for 2020
- Friday, January 17th : Refresh Your Home in 2020
- Georgia man identified as worker killed in Wake County trench collapse
- Sex offender arrested for attending Wake County high school basketball game
- VIDEO: Police officer caught sleeping at the wheel in turning lane
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now