ZEBULON, N.C. (WNCN) – Troopers are asking for the public’s help locating the driver responsible for hitting and killing a man near Zebulon last week and leaving the scene.
The North Carolina State Highway Patrol is hoping that someone will come forward with information that will lead to finding the driver and vehicle involved in the fatal hit-and-run that occurred on Earpsboro Road in Johnston County.
The collision occurred around 8 p.m. on Oct. 10. According to troopers, their investigation shows that Rigoberto Valencia Talavera, 48, of Zebulon was “walking within the roadway when he was struck by a vehicle.”
Talavera was pronounced dead at the scene. The vehicle involved left the scene heading west towards N.C. 39, officials said.
Anyone with information regarding the vehicle or the driver involved is encouraged to contact the Johnston County NCSHP office at 919-934-2186 or the NCSHP Raleigh Communications Center at 1-800-662-7956.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show
- 1 million air passengers reported in a day marks new flying milestone during pandemic
- Counties reaching out to about 10,000 NC voters who need to fix absentee ballot issues
- Wake County fire tanker truck crashes while responding to house fire
- 20-year-old ‘dead’ woman found alive at funeral home later dies at Detroit hospital, family says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now