ZEBULON, N.C. (WNCN) – Troopers are asking for the public’s help locating the driver responsible for hitting and killing a man near Zebulon last week and leaving the scene.
The North Carolina State Highway Patrol is hoping that someone will come forward with information that will lead to finding the driver and vehicle involved in the fatal hit-and-run that occurred on Earpsboro Road in Johnston County.
The collision occurred around 8 p.m. on Oct. 10. According to troopers, their investigation shows that Rigoberto Valencia Talavera, 48, of Zebulon was “walking within the roadway when he was struck by a vehicle.”
Talavera was pronounced dead at the scene. The vehicle involved left the scene heading west towards N.C. 39, officials said.
Anyone with information regarding the vehicle or the driver involved is encouraged to contact the Johnston County NCSHP office at 919-934-2186 or the NCSHP Raleigh Communications Center at 1-800-662-7956.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Trump tweets ‘when the looting starts, the shooting starts’. Twitter adds ‘glorifying violence’ warning
- Teens in Florida county must take driving test remotely
- Minneapolis police station torched, other buildings burn amid George Floyd protest
- Hail the size of baseballs pummels Texas city
- Former TV weatherman sentenced to at least 4 years in child porn case
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now