CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) – Clayton police are asking for help with catching a serial pizza thief, according to a Friday news release.
Security video shows a person slinking out of the bushes to go rob a Domino’s Pizza delivery driver. The incident happened Wednesday at about 11:20 p.m. on E. Webber Lane, the release said.
“The suspect snuck up as the driver was at the door, showed a handgun, demanded the pizzas, took them, and then ran off into the woods toward the neighborhood’s walking trails,” the release said.
Detectives learned that Papa John’s delivery drivers in Clayton had also been hit by a thief three times in the last three weeks. However, no gun was reported in those incidents, police said.
Those earlier incidents weren’t reported to police.
The suspect is described as being between 16 and 21 years old, about 6 feet tall and 140 pounds, skinny, and possible short or medium braids. He wore a homemade mask cut from cloth and wasn’t wearing shoes in some incidents, the release said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Det. Miller at 919-553-4611 or email email@example.com.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Teachers, health care workers among many in Triangle updating wills amid COVID-19
- ‘You have to do something’: Many understanding of mask, social distancing crackdown at UNC
- 4 inches of rain floods I-40, triggering crashes, closure in Sampson County
- Investigation into police officers underway after Black family wrongly detained
- Special needs, pre-K students will not return to buildings on Sept. 8, Wake County school system says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now