SMITHFIELD, N.C. (WNCN) – The National Weather Service issued a flood warning for Smithfield starting Wednesday afternoon and lasting until further notice, according to a notice on Monday.
As of 9:15 p.m. Monday, the Neuse River in Smithfield was measured at 14.1 feet. Flood stage is 15 feet. The National Weather Service forecasts minor flooding, it said.
“The river is expected to rise above flood stage by Wednesday early afternoon and continue to rise to near 15.1 feet by Wednesday evening,” the NWS notice said.
Flooding begins along the Neuse riverwalk.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
- 84-year-old man taking photos of boys outside Missouri grade school charged with child porn
- Large hail, power outages, some damage reported after storms hit Wake County
- Missing teen’s death investigated as homicide, Virginia police say
- Clayton man accused of killing his children’s mother appears in court, victim’s family speaks out