SMITHFIELD, N.C. (WNCN) – The National Weather Service issued a flood warning for Smithfield starting Wednesday afternoon and lasting until further notice, according to a notice on Monday.
As of 9:15 p.m. Monday, the Neuse River in Smithfield was measured at 14.1 feet. Flood stage is 15 feet. The National Weather Service forecasts minor flooding, it said.
“The river is expected to rise above flood stage by Wednesday early afternoon and continue to rise to near 15.1 feet by Wednesday evening,” the NWS notice said.
Flooding begins along the Neuse riverwalk.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 10-time Langley Speedway champion Shawn Balluzzo dies following crash
- Advice on how to talk to your kids about race, current racial tensions
- Friday, July 10th : Talking to your kids about race, current tensions
- Search of lake for missing “Glee” star Naya Rivera to resume Sunday
- Police execute search warrant at mansion of gun-toting couple