DUNN, N.C. (WNCN) — A woman shot overnight in Johnston County is in serious condition at WakeMed, according to the Johnston County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies responded to a home in the 800-block of Jada Allen Road around 1:25 a.m. in reference to a shooting and learned that a woman there had been shot by a male acquaintance.
The victim was transported to Betsy Johnson Memorial in a private vehicle and from there was transferred to WakeMed for further treatment, the sheriff’s office said.
According to officials, the man was at the scene when deputies arrived. The man spoke with investigators and was then released, the sheriff’s office said.
Officials declined to say what led up to the shooting. No decision has been made on whether or not charges will be filed.
The shooting remains under investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Fan seriously injured in assault after Luke Bryan concert, Raleigh police say
- Person of interest has ‘key information’ in death of Holly Springs mom, police say
- ‘Stop Celebrating Genocide’: Vandals target Providence Christopher Columbus statue
- Orange juice refills lead to customers assaulting NC IHOP employees, police say
- 7-year-old suffers skull fracture as Cary woman crashes while driving impaired, court docs say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now