NASHVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Nash County authorities arrested a man in connection to a weekend shooting outside of a Walmart in Nashville, a news release said Monday.
Samuel Evans, 39, of Nashville, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury. He was given a $25,000 secured bond, the release said.
Nashville police responded to the Walmart located at 1205 Eastern Ave. at about 1:23 p.m. Sunday. Officers learned a person was shot in the parking lot.
The victim, who had been taken to the Walgreens at 303 E. Washington St., suffered non-life-threatening injuries and has since been treated and released, the release said.
“This was an isolated incident where the victim and suspect knew each other,” the release said.
No additional information was released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Gang-affiliated Durham man charged in connection with ‘staggering’ amount of stolen property, police say
- Fayetteville police looking for man who attempted to lure child into van
- Retail showdown: Target Deal Days to be held same time as Amazon’s Prime Day sales
- Woman will have multiple plastic surgeries to look like Kamala Harris, Texas surgeon says
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as September ends
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now