NASHVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Nash County authorities arrested a man in connection to a weekend shooting outside of a Walmart in Nashville, a news release said Monday.
Samuel Evans, 39, of Nashville, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury. He was given a $25,000 secured bond, the release said.
Nashville police responded to the Walmart located at 1205 Eastern Ave. at about 1:23 p.m. Sunday. Officers learned a person was shot in the parking lot.
The victim, who had been taken to the Walgreens at 303 E. Washington St., suffered non-life-threatening injuries and has since been treated and released, the release said.
“This was an isolated incident where the victim and suspect knew each other,” the release said.
No additional information was released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Freshman Kentucky basketball guard Terrence Clarke dies in L.A. car crash
- IRS offers 10 ways to avoid tax return slipups
- 3 emergency landings reported at Charlotte-Douglas Airport in one day
- 1 arrested, 2 at large in NC bogus check scheme
- Gender reveal party explosion rattles several New Hampshire towns