LILLINGTON, N.C. (WNCN) — An Angier man was arrested Wednesday for his role in a shooting that left one person dead and another injured Saturday in Lillington, according to the Harnett County Sheriff’s Office.
Zachary Tyler Johnson, 23, was taken into custody Wednesday by Harnett County deputies. Johnson was charged with first-degree murder. He is currently jailed under no bond.
The incident was reported just after 4:05 p.m. on May 23 as a shooting at 15 Cater Lane in the Shawtown community, according to a news release from Harnett County Sheriff Wayne Coats.
When deputies arrived they found one man dead and another injured. Johnson was identified as the injured man.
Montice Williams, 31, of Benson, was later identified as the man who died, the news release said.
Williams was taken to an area hospital for treatment.
- Authorities recover body of woman swept away 10 days earlier in Oregon landslide
- Duke faculty remember Hank Aaron’s impact on campus youth summer program
- NC-based Marine honored for saving mom and child after car wreck
- Man killed in shooting during dispute at NC sweepstakes parlor
- COVID-19 outbreak linked to wrestling tournament, Louisiana officials say