ROWLAND, N.C. (WNCN) – Robeson County authorities arrested a man Friday morning after he was subdued by a homeowner during an attempted break-in, according to a news release.
Marco Alexander Rodriquez, 29, is also charged with stealing a car with a child still inside. That incident happened on Nov. 9, the release said.
The sheriff’s office said deputies responded Friday at 9:21 a.m. to a breaking and entering at a home along the 1100 block of Sampson Road in Rowland.
When deputies arrived, Rodriquez was being held by the homeowner. The homeowner said Rodriquez was crawling through a window when he subdued him with a wood pole, the release said.
Rodriquez is charged with five felony counts of breaking and entering, two felony counts of breaking and entering into a motor vehicle, four felony counts of larceny after breaking and entering, and two counts of misdemeanor larceny.
He is being held at the Robeson County Detention Center under a $484,000 bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- COVID-19 safety measures implemented at NC youth baseball games
- 100+ in Durham faith community take part in unity march
- Recently defaced Christopher Columbus monument removed from Cary park
- Protesters march in Raleigh’s North Hills area, blocking traffic on Six Forks Road
- Woman vanishes near Myrtle Beach, police seek help in search
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now