DUNN, N.C. (WNCN) — A Dunn man is charged in a deadly shooting that happened outside the Cook Out restaurant on Friday night, police say.
The incident was reported around 9:45 p.m. as a fight with shots fired outside the restaurant at 1723 West Cumberland St., according to a news release from Dunn police.
When police arrived at the scene, they found one person in the parking lot who was shot.
That person was immediately taken to a hospital for treatment but later died.
“The preliminary investigation revealed that a large crowd had gathered inside the Cook Out and a fight broke out among individuals,” the news release said. “After the crowd exited the restaurant, shots were fired.”
Christopher McNeill, 22, of Magnolia Avenue in Dunn is charged with murder in the shooting, police said. He is being held in the Harnett County Jail.
The identity of the person who was shot has not been released.
Investigators are requesting anyone with additional information to contact them at 910-892-2399 or 910-230-3556 or 910-893-9111.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Father says Boris Johnson likely out of action for a while
- ‘Everybody is very scared’: The struggle to keep apart on subway
- In a test of faith, Christians mark Good Friday in isolation
- Senator sells stocks while ethics group calls for investigation
- What’s Driving You Crazy? Faded lines at busy Cary intersection
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now